- PRESS CONFERENCE AND PRODUCT LAUNCH ON SOCIAL MEDIA
- OUR STRATEGY: MAXIMIZING THE REACH
- PRESS CONFERENCE AND PRODUCT LAUNCH ON SOCIAL MEDIA: JUST AN EXAMPLE
- PRESS CONFERENCE AND PRODUCT LAUNCH ON SOCIAL MEDIA: JOURNALISTS LOVE IT
- PRESS CONFERENCE AND PRODUCT LAUNCH ON SOCIAL MEDIA: HOW IT WORKS
- AUTOMATED CONTENT GENERATION
PRESS CONFERENCE AND PRODUCT LAUNCH ON SOCIAL MEDIA
It is quite similar to a press conference:
- Journalists are invited at a given date/hour as usual.
- We post slides and comments and journalists ask questions.
But, there are many advantages:
- Journalist from different countries can be invited.
- When they post, all their followers will see the information: exponential impact on thousands of engineers.
- The feedback from journalists is very positive: no waste of time in transportation, it is really easy to ask questions, a direct access to material in digital format.
- It is really easier to organize than a non virtual press conference.
OUR STRATEGY: MAXIMIZING THE REACH
3 main social media in the EMEA region:
- Facebook: can potentially reach anybody, in particular young decision makers, small companies, because their Facebook accounts have a better referencing than their own website.
- Twitter: more professional but many less users. Very popular for journalists.
- Linkedin: the most professional one. Fewer users. High decision makers.
What is the potential reach?
It is the amount of display on different social media walls, but it is important to know that:
- 3-5% of the potential reach is actually visiting the Social Media account.
- 1-2% of the potential reach is clicking on the link which is provided: brochure download…
2 ways to generate the reach:
- Making that media retweet/share a given post.
Each of their followers will see the post on their wall.
- Advertising campaigns.
PRESS CONFERENCE AND PRODUCT LAUNCH ON SOCIAL MEDIA: JUST AN EXAMPLE
REDEX is supplying drive systems for high range machine-tools.
The theme of the conference was about vertical lathes (quite a small niche market)
- Reach: more than 62,000.
- Actual number of people who participate: about 2,500.
- Several thousand clicks on the links we offered.
- Very good press coverage in Germany, Italy and Spain (targeted markets).
PRESS CONFERENCE AND PRODUCT LAUNCH ON SOCIAL MEDIA: JOURNALISTS LOVE IT
PRESS CONFERENCE AND PRODUCT LAUNCH ON SOCIAL MEDIA: HOW IT WORKS
It should last one hour max + 30 minutes for additional questions.
2 People have to be available during the conference time to answer to the journalist questions.
- The usual format is to use a Powerpoint presentation of 12-20 Slides.
Slides can be converted to images.
- Then a few key comments should be added.
- From that we prepare a story board of 70-80 posts.
- With Q&A, it will mean 150 posts, so a post every 30 second.
AUTOMATED CONTENT GENERATION
Interactivity with your followers: regular posts and added value contents are necessary.
Mepax automated feed system facilitates this flow of information.
Via customized RSS, Mepax can feed all major social networks in the right language.
More than 20 social media have been short listed, in over 30 languages.
Type of information:
- Selection of relevant articles
- Events (exhibitions…)
- It means regular feeding (200-300 posts/year) with no effort.
Cost per post is €30.
This rate card can be decreased in case of large annual quantities.
- Information can be posted on existing social media accounts or on dedicated new social media accounts.
- Beside this, our decidated Community Managers can provide additional added-value content.